Letter to Autumn, A poem by Javoné Armada


Dear Autumn,

Honestly babe, who’s more of a beau than you?
Some can argue but that landscape dress looks so good on you
What are you doing with your hair?
Well, what difference does it make
Scissors in your hand, I’m trusting you don’t make a mistake

You snip away, and leaves fall gracefully on my boots
You constitute the saturation of all life around you
As you change clothes I sit still layered in pastels
Scarlet lipstick is your kiss I lose my breath and exhale
Heating up in your warm stare, cooling off from the windchill
Seems loving you isn’t fair, because winter is so near

Maybe I love you so much because you come and then leave me
With a lesson that lets me know I should never be greedy
I must adore you while you’re here and miss you when you’re gone
Knowing that you’ll be back, once its our time to move on

When you return I’ll be waiting, waiting just for you
In a wool suit by Paul Smith and Dior Homme chelsea boots 
They’ll see me and know its fall, fall once again
Because I been waiting to fall, fall all over again 



These shots were taken by Marcus Payne of MarcusClarkMedia.com 
Overcoat- Versace
Shirt - Calvin Klein
Scarf - Hugo Boss
Pin- Moods of Norway
Denim - H&M
Boots- Free Press






Comments