Dior Homme Shanghai

Exactly one week after Dior held its first haute couture show in Hong Kong, Dior Homme re-showcased its autumn/ winter 2014-2015 in Shanghai. This line was also shown during Paris Fashion week in January. The event was held at the newly opened Long Museum and featured Chinese and international models.  "In Paris, I really wanted to focus on the clothes because it its so much about details. I did not want any distraction for the Parisian show. But bringing the same collection here today allows for the incorporation of a more visual effect" -Dior Homme creative director Kris Van Assche.

I think this idea is brilliant. Maybe fashion week should be reserved for details and strictly about the clothing. Not saying that anything is wrong with focusing on one big show, but I think Kris Van Assche got another chance to express his creativity, which many couturiers may like to.


My top looks from the Paris runway show













Comments