Great Gatsby x Brooks Brothers

I hope everyone is as excited as I am for the release of the film The Great Gatsby based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's greatest novel! Not only am I excited for the second make of this film but the release of the "Gatsby" Brooks Brothers collection. Brooks Brothers did an amazing job in capturing the essence of the 1920's & 30's. Being that Brook Brothers was founded in the 19th century it was perfect for them to do a collection of pin-striped sport coats, straw hats, and oxfords all executed with a color palette fit for the summer.

The era of the 1920's /30's doesn't get done that often and this is exactly what fashion needs, a showcase of classical style! The way men were dressed in the 20's signified tradition and the way a real man dressed. What I love about it is that it wasn't called style yet. Menswear was structured around professionalism. It was the way the everyday man dressed, in a suit. I dream of a day where I walk outside and see 90% of the men on the street in suits. But check out these awesome looks and tell me what you think! The entire collection is featured on the Brooks Brothers webpage





Comments